More pages in this section
Headspace Mount Isa is a free health service for young people ages 12 – 25. Our services includes mental, physical and sexual health, vocational support, drug and alcohol information and educational support. Headspace Mount Isa is fully wheelchair accessible.
Headspace Mount Isa will help you before your problems may overwhelm you, no matter what they are. You can contact us by calling 07 4437 1300. You can even complete a referral online on our website. For quick access to our form to fill out yourself please click here.
Since covid-19 restrictions, headspace Mount Isa is offering a combination of in-person (with safety measures), online and phone services. After hours appointments are also available with Centre Manager approval.
Headspace Mount Isa has a number of awesome groups available, so you can continue to connect with other young people for support, make friends and share positive experiences. Contact our Community Engagement Officer for more information.
Stay up to date with our events on the headspace Facebook Page.
There are many ways youth, parents and friends can be involved with headspace:
- Youth Reference Group – The Youth Reference Group are young people between 16 to 25yrs that want to make a difference in their community. Training is provided for this group.
- Family and Friends Reference Group – Opportunities for family and friends to participate meaningfully in service development and improvement is also integral to ensuring that services are engaging and appropriate, and reflects the value that headspace places on the knowledge and experience of family and friends.
Further updates to be provided regarding face-to-face groups in the near future.
headspace is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. headspace welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We can help if you:
- Need someone to talk to
- Are feeling down, stressed or can’t stop worrying
- Can’t deal with school/work/family or are finding it too difficult to concentrate
- Are feeling sick or worried about your health
- Have questions about, or want to cut down on drinking or drug use
- Want to talk about sexuality, gender identity or relationships
- Are having difficulties with your family or friends
- Have sexual health issues or want information about contraception
- Are being bullied, hurt or harassed
- Are worried about work or study or if you’re having money trouble
- Are struggling to keep things together as a young parent
- Don’t feel like yourself anymore
Getting support can help you in your personal and family life. It can also help to keep you on track at school, study or work. The sooner you get help the sooner things can begin to improve for you.
Headspace activities include:
- Cooking Groups
- Study Groups
- FRIENDS group
- Anime Groups
- Chill Out Zone
- Prisma Group (LGBTIQ plus)