Gidgee Healing operates the work headspace service in Mount Isa, which provides support for young people and their families. We can help young people with issues around mental health, physical health (including sexual health), alcohol and other drug use, or any issues with work or study.
We can also help you to access social and skills-building groups (yoga, art, design, sports) as well as providing you with opportunities to participate in voluntary Youth Advisory Groups and/or various Youth Committees (i.e. event planning, multimedia).
If you’re aged 12-25 years and going through a tough time, headspace can help. There is no issue too small to see us about.
We can help if you:
- Need someone to talk to
- Are feeling down, stressed or can’t stop worrying
- Can’t deal with school/work/family or are finding it too difficult to concentrate
- Are feeling sick or worried about your health
- Have questions about, or want to cut down on drinking or drug use
- Want to talk about sexuality, gender identity or relationships
- Are having difficulties with your family or friends
- Have sexual health issues or want information about contraception
- Are being bullied, hurt or harassed
- Are worried about work or study or if you’re having money trouble
- Are struggling to keep things together as a young parent
- Don’t feel like yourself anymore
Getting support can help you in your personal and family life. It can also help to keep you on track at school, study or work. The sooner you get help the sooner things can begin to improve for you.