Senior Registered Nurse
Closes Thursday, 13 October 2022
Gidgee Healing is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service, representing the health needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the Northwest, and Lower Gulf regions of Queensland. Our mission is to provide holistic and culturally appropriate health services, underpinned by a philosophy of community participation, and with a strong focus on care coordination. We provide a broad range of primary health care and aged care services, and we are now the largest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service provider by land area in Queensland. For more information, visit our website at www.gidgeehealing.com
The position is responsible for specialist community and primary health nursing services that focuses on the prevention, early detection and management of health problems for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team ensure effective screening, service delivery, and administration practices are delivered in accordance with the approved Model of Care. You will provide day to day oversight to the Clinic team ensuring smooth functioning of clinic operations and delivery of clinical care in line with the approved model of care. The role will entail service delivery from designated primary clinic locations and outreach services, under limited supervision, as required.
- Nursing Degree or relevant Medical tertiary qualifications with current Nursing Registration with AHPRA as a RN and current practicing certificate
- Immunisation Endorsement and experience
- Demonstrated clinic experience, in particular the ability to implement and support a medical/primary health care team and effectively plan, and coordinate own and teams workload to achieve results.
- Ability to demonstrate good clinical skills
- An ability to communicate and empathise with Aboriginal people
- Understanding of the principles of primary health care
- Ability to work with a wide variety of professionals and the public, as part of a team
- An ability to liaise and work with local communities and relevant Government and non-Government organizations.
- Ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team and understand the Cycle of care Patient system
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Demonstrated competence in use of Business Technology, internet and desktop applications; e.g. outlook, word, spreadsheet and database packages
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential
- As an AHPRA registered health professional, your registration includes the assessment of a national criminal history check and the provisions of the Blue Card (working with children and young people) requirements. Any changes to criminal history should be advised to the supervisor as soon as practicable.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Travel and work outside of normal working hours to meet operational delivery requirements
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity click APPLY! Applications are to be submitted by COB Thursday 13th October 2022
For further information on this role please contact Jacquita Chong - Human Resources Officer on 1800 GIDGEE or email HR@gidgeehealing.com