Permanent - Full Time
$100,000 to $140,000 (exclusive of super) per annum
Please Apply through Psychologist - Mount Isa QLD (JOB -10003349) with ref. JOB -10003349 (healthworkforce.com.au)
- Attractive salary range of $100,000 to $140,000 (exclusive of super) based on experience, plus salary sacrifice.
- New graduates are encouraged to apply, and clinical supervision offered.
As a dedicated and compassionate Psychologist, you'll play a pivotal role in empowering individuals from diverse backgrounds to overcome health challenges. You'll receive comprehensive support, including regular supervision and collaboration with experienced therapists, propelling your skills, and guiding you through varied working environments.
Join this inspiring Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) that provides the health needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the Northwest, and Lower Gulf regions of Queensland. They are committed to supporting Aboriginal communities’ own solutions to living long healthy lives; strengthen their culture; and regain their spirit. They provide a broad range of primary health care and aged care services, and now the largest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service provider by land area in Queensland.
The successful applicants will work within a multidisciplinary team across program providing both clinical care and health promotion activities. All clinical care will be provided within their primary health care clinics (comprising of GP, RN, and other health workers). All clinical care will be provided within their primary health care clinics (comprising of GP, RN, and other health workers), Headspace, Recovery centre, Family Wellbeing centre and other community areas. The Psychologist will be mentored and guided by local First Nations Social and Emotional Health Workers.
The remuneration will range from $100,000 to $140,000 (exclusive of super) based on experience, plus salary sacrifice. The ACCHS will also provide relocation allowance to Mt Isa and a professional development allowance. New graduates and or provisional psychologists are encouraged to apply as they can offer clinical supervision.
Functional accountabilities of this role include:
- Clinical Service Provision:
- Clinic based and home visits.
- Perform health assessments.
- Deliver prevention and education programs.
- Data Administration.
- At least a tertiary degree (or equivalent qualification) in Psychology
- Current registration or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHRPA).
- Experience in providing assessment, intervention, and case management in various settings.
- An understanding of the health issues impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health outcomes.
- Commitment to the philosophy and practice of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service and the ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to work with high level of independence and minimal supervision and/ or in as a sole professional in this environment.
- Other Requirements
- Current C Class Driver’s License (QLD) – essential.
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
After Hours Requirements: No
Salary Information: $100,000 - $140,000 per annum
About Mt Isa:
Living in Mt Isa you have a range of activities such as exploring the local attractions such as Outback at Isa, Hard Times Mine Tour, Mary Kathleen Gorge, Underground Hospital and Museum, Mount Isa Lookout, Riversleigh Fossil Centre, Lake Moondarra, Telstra Hill, Splashez Public Pool, Mount Isa Family Fun Park, Lawn Hill Gorge, and Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
Also, Mt Isa has several schools if you have a family, churches for your spiritual needs, and social/art/sports clubs to help connect to the local community and continue your hobbies/interests.
Mt Isa offers a vibrant and rich way of life that's unlike anywhere else. From the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the area to the strong sense of community and connection to the people around you, there's so much to love about living and working in Mt Isa.
For more information on this position, please contact our team via email@example.com