Community Liaison & Transport Driver
The Community Liaison is responsible for building and maintaining relationships between community members and organizations and the community services and development industry. They act as a bridge between the two, informing individuals about available services and programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community members and organizations
- Conduct activities to promote services and programs
- Liaise with internal industry representatives and collaborate with other community development professionals
- Client transport to and from the Primary Health Clinic
- Certificate III or above in Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care – CommunityCare or equivalent preferred, or preparedness to undertake relevant VET Training.
- Previous work experience in Healthy Lifestyle or similar Health or Community engagement/development programs in the health or community sector.
- A sound knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organizations in the service area.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, determine priorities and manage workloads to meet agreed timelines and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values, and ways of doing business.
- The ability to work with other health professionals and organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the health, social and emotional wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize community development processes and to network and work collaboratively with wide range of community members, families, carers and organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate engagement/ promotion programs to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander target groups in the target area.
- Demonstrated competence in use of Business technology and desktop applications (e.g., internet, word, spreadsheet and database packages).
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A local Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, with established connections to the region.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential.
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination x 3