Centre Manager Headspace
Closes Friday, 29th of September
Headspace Mount Isa’s mission is to promote and facilitate improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing, and economic participation of young people aged 12-25 in the Mount Isa region. headspace Mount Isa is a youth-friendly centre that provides services across four core streams: primary health care, mental health and counselling, alcohol and other drug services (ATODS), and educational/vocational services.
Gidgee Healing is the lead agency for Headspace Mount Isa. Gidgee Healing is an independent Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service, which strives to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people in the greater Mount Isa region.
About Gidgee Healing
Gidgee Healing (‘Gidgee’) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service, representing the health needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the Northwest, and Lower Gulf regions of Queensland. We are committed to supporting Aboriginal communities’ own solutions to living long healthy lives; strengthening their culture; and regaining their spirit. Our mission is to provide holistic and culturally appropriate health services, underpinned by a philosophy of community participation, and with a strong focus on care coordination.
We provide a broad range of primary health care and aged care services, and we are now the largest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service provider by land area in Queensland. Our vast service footprint spans approximately 640,000 km2, including some 11,000 Indigenous people. Our service includes two Hospital and Health Service regions (Central West and Northwest) and shares its boundary with the Western Queensland Primary Health Network (WQPHN).
The purpose of the Centre Manager position is to lead, develop, implement, oversee, and manage the operations, and the future growth and development of Headspace Mount Isa. They will be a highly motivated and capable person who will facilitate excellence in integrated, holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for Young People who
access the program, their family and friends, and the wider community.
The Centre Manager will work closely and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to ensure all activities are in accordance with the headspace grant agreement.
The Centre Manager will have extensive experience at managing multidisciplinary teams. Further, the Centre Manager will have experience in establishing strategic collaborative
agreements to increase the level of service integration and create an enhanced experience for Young People, their families, and friends who navigate the mental health sector. The Centre Manager will work under the direction of the Programs Lead and the Director of Primary Health Care.
- In accordance with the headspace grant agreement, lead, develop, oversee, and evaluate the implementation of service delivery to young people and their family and friends.
- Communicate, promote, and progress the vision and strategic plan of the headspace centre amongst staff, consortium partners, and the broader community.
- Engage relevant sectors and partners in an integrated model of care, promoting multidisciplinary teamwork and participation in the headspace program at a local level.
- Convene various committees associated with the headspace program and the youth health sector, organise and participate in committee meetings, including preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, papers, and correspondence.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of Headspace Mount Isa.
- Lead and oversee the recruitment and selection of new staff and ensure they are orientated to the policies, procedures, and operations of the service.
- Manage and supervise staff, monitor staff performance and development, and address staff performance issues effectively according to documented policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with private practitioners to ensure that any difficulties are identified and resolved to maintain the sustainable and ongoing delivery of their services.
- Participate in, and support other members of Headspace Mount Isa to participate in programs, education and training, and other opportunities offered by the Headspace National Office, the Headspace network, and the mental health and youth sectors.
- Facilitate a working environment that is conducive to high productivity, where all staff understands what is expected of them and how their efforts contribute to organisational success.
- Possession of, Bachelor level tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Youth Work, Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other Allied Health or Behavioural/Social Sciences or equivalent. Current membership of an appropriate professional body;
- Highly developed administrative, communication and interpersonal skills through managing and working with a multi-disciplinary service providing medical, mental health, or social welfare support to clients whilst liaising with other service providers and organisations;
- Experience in managing staff development and performance as well as capital resources through establishment of appropriate risk management and personnel development processes;
- Extensive knowledge of the community and healthcare sectors, including knowledge of funding streams relevant to the mission of the service and experience in preparation and acquittal of funding applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and motivate individuals and groups to achieve commonly held goals in a culturally sensitive manner;
- Experience in direct clinical service provision to young people and and/or providing mental health services or programs, including being able to respond effectively to crisis and high risk situations, when required;
- Understanding of the Australian health care system, key issues in primary health care, the mental health service system, in particular Rural and Remote settings, including the range of professionals that work within, or come into contact with, the mental health sector;
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment and management of clinical systems including the development, implementation and review of Clinical Governance Models, privacy and confidentiality principles and electronic client management systems.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination. min requirement of 3 x COVID-19 shots
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes
If you are interested in applying for this position, click APPLY! Applications are to be submitted by COB Friday 29th September 2023.
For further information please contact Human Resources 1800 GIDGEE or HR@gidgeehealing.com