Aged Care Facility Manager - Ngooderi House Doomadgee
To provide leadership and operational management of the Aged Care Facility Ngooderi house in Doomadgee, ensuring the delivery of quality care, lifestyle, and accommodation services for our Doomadgee residents.
Functional accountabilities of this role include:
- Leadership and operational management of the Aged Person’s Hostel;
- Maintain and ensure services fully meet Quality Standards (e.g., Single Aged Care Framework);
- Oversee the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP);
- Lead the Community Aged Care Packages Program;
- Provide finance and human resources management (e.g. budgets, rosters, workplace health and safety, staff development etc.)
- Records management, reports, and administration.
- Experienced Registered Nurse qualifications with current registration with AHPRA.
- Solid leadership and operational management skills including financial, human resource management and continual quality improvement, ideally with experience in Aged Care.
- Demonstrated ability, or ability to learn, to support to develop systems, plan protocols and frameworks to support the development of sustainable and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and in a multidisciplinary team.
- Awareness of local health issues and a demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, or willingness and capacity to learn.
- Awareness of and commitment to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Care.
- Working knowledge of health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health outcomes.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Current C Class Drivers License (QLD) – essential.
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small plane.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click APPLY!